Monday, August 14, 2017
A few weeks ago I placed 50 of my completed Splendid Sampler blocks on our dining room table to see how the colours balance. I do have 60 + blocks completed, several under way, several prepared and placed in individual, small, clear, bags, ready to construct. We have a large table which can be increased to seat 20, however it does require the heavy inserts to be lifted into place with another person, for that extended size. I didn't do so as I was alone and 50 blocks filled the available space to be photographed. I didn't realize I had moved this photo and a couple of others to my desktop. In the meantime, I couldn't find the lead to download photos to my computer, it is filed so carefully it is still avoiding detection. :(
The other direction.
This is intended as a scrap quilt. I'm cautiously using the black background fabric, with the black and white white stripe background fabric and the plain off white. I also planned on using other varied colours as back ground here and there, depending on what scrap fabric I have available. I feel that scraps don't seem to diminish, instead, they appear to have their own ability to multiply.
This one below is called Lina's Gift, from April last year. I'm slowly going through my files of half done blocks, getting them completed & moved from the "to do" list. I love the fabrics in this block and don't know why I left it so long to finish the last side piece.
This one is Love Peace and Joy, from mid December last year. It too, had been waiting for the right time to be embroidered. As my very last embroidery block I kept it for a portable situation. I have loved stitching the embroidered blocks and was very sad when this one was done. My favourite patchwork is still applique, with embroidery ranking up there also, with that technique.
I had the one below prepared to this stage, when I placed the outer borders around the centre, it was almost a 12 " block. I knew it had to be trimmed down, even so, I was not happy with the fabrics. When I checked what I'd originally chosen, I knew that I had prepared the wrong pieces. It now looks how I had expected, I need to find the lead for another update. Enjoy.
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
The theme for this month's challenge was Birds, Bugs and Butterflies, yet to be made into an item.
I've been completing them early in the month, then photographing them and then, putting them away ready for show and tell at the end of the month. I'm thinking I need to get them made into the objects in mind at that time, as they are multiplying rapidly, or so it seems, this year. :)
I'm continuing to complete blocks from The Splendid Sampler project at the same time, trying to keep up with those blocks which I did not manage last year. These below are the current finishes to add to my collection.
This block is titled, Bee Happy.
This one is Scrappy Happy Heart
The third one for now, is titled Starting Point.
I've completed 60 blocks and 10 bonus blocks from the approximately
120 blocks in the project, so still a few to be done. A progress photo next time.