I've had a busy couple of months stitching, in very short burst only.
I've stitched three ornaments, two of which I've stitched twice. One is a single stitched piece for the August Challenge. The second is for the Halloween Ornament Exchange, while the third is for the Christmas Ornament Exchange. I've belonged to both the latter groups for some years, so I always stitch myself a duplicate of the ornament I send overseas. It does add to my collections & I can look back & reminis about things that were happening, when each was stitched. Photographs of these items later, when they have arrived with their new owners.
I've also completed a patchwork jacket which has been in & out of the stitching cupboard for ever so long. In the original form it had patch worked panels down the right & left front edges, which I never really liked. Much thought went into the replacements for those panels, eventually I decided to add more panels of different fabrics. I selected them from my vast collection of patchwork fabrics, including scraps from my daughters dresses when they were children, along with scraps from my own dresses.
The binding is a Laura Ashley polished cotton, which I've had for 20 + years. It was such a beautiful piece of fabric to work with & it went well with all the colours in the jacket. A few years ago I hand pained small wooden toggles, with tiny spays of matching flowers for the buttons. This year, I decided pink glass beads with silver linings were the ones to use. I had many compliments when I wore it for the first time.
You can see in the photo below, that the jacket is reversible.
I did however, feel like the Michelin Man so I'd use thinner batting, if I ever decided to make another similar jacket.
I also made this small needle case for a stitching friend's birthday.