https://thedigitalbakery.blogspot.c

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Catching Up.

Seems I never get back to writing an update, perhaps I can endeavour to do so henceforth, we'll see? When I was unable to access my blog, I did lose incentive to post. I found the different programme frustrating back in April. So trying once again now, fingers crossed. Last year, we pulled up the Parent's Retreat carpet and replaced it with beautiful Brush Box timber. We also removed the marble tiles in the entrance foyer and continued the flooring in that area.
My stitching has been limited to EPPs, English Paper Pieces, in the shape of equilateral triangles. I had a good start 18 months ago, however they were hand cut and somewhat innacurate. Not perfect enough for me to continue, so I pulled them all apart, and purchased machne cut templates, 100 to the packet. Each row consists of 112 triangles, to reach pleasantly across our king size matress. As for the number of rows to reach to the top, I'm guessing somewhere between 50 and 60 rows, of which I have completed 25. So a very long way to go. I have several hundred fabric triangles cut, a few hundred EPPs covered and ready to stitch together as the next row. I've also completed several diamond pieces to fill in the sides, although they also need to be attached. It is a slow process by hand, it will take a wee while to get the top together. My plan is to complete two rows, then stitch in the side edges and attach them to the previous rows, thereby eliminating the bulkiness for a tad. As I progress the bulkiness and the weight will no doubt increase. Such is the process of an accomplishment of this construction.
This item of EPP stitching did take several months, however when completed, two years ago, I was thrilled with the outcome. It is in constant use. This was somewhat fiddly, stitched with tiny hexagons. When finished batting and lining were added. I did quilt this small item by machine. Machine quilting is not my usual method of attaching the three layers together.I am inclined to make a strap in a similar method so I can carry my phone on my daily walk, when I'm not wearing items with pockets. Enjoy some examples of my EPPs. Kay. "

1 comment:

  1. That flooring is just beautiful. And your pieced projects--my goodness, what a lot of work, but what a result!

    ReplyDelete