https://thedigitalbakery.blogspot.c

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Quilting & patchwork of late have taken a back seat. Cross stitch & sewing, those too, have been almost non existent. I do miss plying a needle,  even one on a sewing machine.
 For me it is a relaxing happy time, it is a great interest,  also therapy for things on life's  journey, that go out of kilter.  It allows contemplative time to soar above the unavoidable, insignificant, swill,  that  occasionally chooses to intrude, on one's perfectly happy life. I'm ever grateful for my creative pursuits & always thankful, that  my sublime  pastimes,  along with many other joys  & aspects of life, lift my spirits high above the dwellers of the abyss.

5 comments:

  1. I'm a fairly new follower to your blog. I am sorry you haven't had much time for your hobbies. To me, my hobbies are my sanity keeper. I hope you are able to fit some time in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can get back to your needlework soon! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments, much appreciated. I had that post sitting in my drafts for a few weeks.
    I have been able to stitch again & it is truly something I return to with great joy.
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your stitching has resumed again K! I know that when I don't get to stitch I begin to feel very "discombobulated!" Really need it for my peace of mind :)

    Enjoy your month of May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol.

      I had a wee chuckle when I read your comment, first time anyone has referred to that feeling. :):):)
      Kay.

      Delete