https://thedigitalbakery.blogspot.c

Saturday, January 2, 2021

                                                     Celebrating Christmas 2020.



In spite of the year we have had, our restrictions allowed us to have guests in our home so we made the most of that situation. We welcomed friends to celebrate Christmas lunch, enjoying their company, the festive food, along with much chatter, lots of laughter and beautiful gifts. I love Christmas time with all it denotes, the decorations, music and special food. It is usually hot in the southern hemisphere, thankfully we were very comfortable in air conditioning.  I also chose to limit hot food preparation apart from the Christmas pudding, steaming away for most of 4 hours from early morning and roasting turkey.. Considering it was the first Christmas pudding I have every made, it turned out superbly. So much so that I have another prepared, for our New Year's Eve celebratory dinner.  My Mother used to make me one every year, then my MIL and then SIL.  In subsequent years I made deserts that were delightful, looked spectacular for this special occasion, along with being more suitable to our hot climate


                                                 

                        A Prawn and Avacado salad above , a Beetroot and Citrus salad below.

 
                                 A mixed Tomato and Dill salad, below followed by Ham and Turkey. 






\

Before Christmas I made several gifts for friends and family, those below I remembered to photograph.


I made 16 of these , which are phone rests and decorated the gift bags with Christmas themed fabric.



Soon it will be time to dismantle the Christmas tree, the lights and all the decorations. However, for me, not until after New Year and twelfth night.

I hope you have enjoyed reading a little about our Christmas Day lunch. With 2021 only a week
away,  I hope this coming New Year for us all,  will bring wonders and joyful times, once again to our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment