This is a photo of one of the gifts I made for a friend, who generously passed on a chart I had long admired. I did the stitching & DH made the quilt rack.
It is freezing cold, windy & wet, nothing new, for almost ten days. I have been hiding inside and stitching a little more on my hexagon quilt. I can finally say, the centre piece is completed, here it is, although not a great shot.
I've also stitched a small portion of one corner of what is plannned for the rest of the background. I am not entirely sure of how it will go with the centre panel. So far to me, it looks a tad too busy. However when recalling to mind, older quilts of this construction, some are definitely very busy. Guess I will need further contemplation and a decision before too long, as it does require much effort to put all the hexagons together. The caculation so far is for just over 1,200 plus the extras for the final edge. I'm really not too keen to have to re-think this final stage, so when I'm happy about the layout, it will proceed. .